Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa — January 8, 2019 — With a cascade of mixtapes and EPs to his name already, The OMT has outdone himself with his latest. Creating hip-hop music audiences can truly relate to on a global scale, Sound Addiction is an EP for the masses.
The OMT rewrote and revamped Chris Brown’s “Run It” at the tender age of eight-years-old and it was as clear to him then as it is now that he had the skills to succeed. From there writing and music consumed him. By middle school, he’d transformed from Thabang to The OMT and really started to come into his own. Come to high school he was writing and recording, self-teaching himself to produce and making waves along the way. Now self-educated, he’s making his mark even larger with the release of his latest EP, Sound Addiction.
Sound Addiction is the second release from The OMT in 2018. He dropped Be4 The Tape, an album-like mixtape that was chalked full of impressive production elements that were the biggest highlights of his artistry. The June release, as well as Sound Addiction, are the definition of The OMT’s musical mantra, “Music you can relate to.”
Sound Addiction encompasses a number of things that include The OMT’s love for artistry and livelihood of life. The album also hits home on a universal level as the album touches on soundness in mental health, body, and soul. The OMT notes of the addiction side of the record, “Addiction is a habit, which can be destructive or constructive depending on the nature of the addiction. My addiction is music; it’s my life hence the title Sound Addiction.”
South African audiences have already gotten the chance to connect on a local level. The OMT has performed throughout his hometown. At times performing for upwards of 3,500 people at dance halls, parks, and colleges. Come 2019, he’s planning on expanding his touring to bring Sound Addiction and more to a wider audience.
Those interested in reviewing Sound Addiction, featuring any of the music on their playlists, or interviewing The OMT can get in touch via the information provided below.
OMT looks to begin 2019 on a high with the release of his new EP, Sound Addiction.
Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
+27 60 637 3693
- Profile: https://www.artistpr.com/members/thabang-thorn
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/omt4sa2
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/omt4sa
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/omt4sa
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/1QX16aNOo82L4ArLcuv8fA
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/omt4sa
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8qf6wZbiJnXQh92KczD1nw
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thabang-thorn-mashabela
- LastFM: https://www.last.fm/music/The+OMT
- Website: https://bit.ly/TheOMTWebsite
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/the-omt/1344422308
- Bandcamp: https://omt4sa.bandcamp.com/
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/W-Y-S-Explicit-OMT/dp/B07YN4WCXS/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+OMT+W.Y.S&qid=1589710411&s=dmusic&sr=1-1
- Google: https://play.google.com/store/music/album/The_OMT_W_Y_S?id=Bkibp4pa5en524ug5elfo6alk6m